Friday 18 February 2011

Task 04 - Dissolution

As task 03 (Nostalgia) didn't get beyond an animatic during the week time limit I shall post a bit later about how I developed it for one of my main projects. 

Task 04 - Dissolution was a tricky one for me. I decided to go with trying to portray different definitions of the word 'dissolution' in a quite literal way. The art style was based on Marc Davis' great portraits from The Haunted Mansion ride at Walt Disney World, a portrait that would appear to depict a normal situation until the room (and thus the pictures frame) stretches to reveal a more sinister image. 

Here is a coloured concept of the scientific definition of dissolution. Based on a body disoving into acid (cheery stuff!) The first image appears to show a woman lying quite happily in the bath but as the frame stretches the true nature of the image is revealed. 







No comments:

Post a Comment